The French national public procurement agency UGAP (Union des Groupements d’Achats Publics) – which supports ministries, decentralized services, hospitals, etc – has chosen Bull and INOP’S, an industrial-scale services platform that opens up the major accounts market to SMEs from the IT services sector capable of delivering high added value, for all kinds of services relating to the analysis and implementation of business process computerization solutions.
The partnership that has been signed between UGAP, INOP’S and Bull is a single-supplier framework agreement for the whole of France, for a four-year period. INOP’S is to take responsibility for contract governance, drawing on a network of certified – backed up by Bull – to deliver services in the form of a combination of clearly defined, fixed price units of work.
As Laurent Levy, Chairman of INOP’S, explains: “Computerizing business processes is a vital challenge for public sector bodies. We are very proud to have won this commitment from UGAP – along with our partner, Bull – on such a prestigious, national-level framework agreement. This further strengthens our leadership position in the market for high added-value IT expertise, and should make a major contribution to widening access to large-scale public sector projects to our network of partner SMEs.”
Michel Rauche, responsible for the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) offering at Bull, adds: “Bull will be providing its experience across the entire value chain, especially on business process computerization solutions integration projects, whether they are based on proprietary or Open Source software. With Bull’s in-depth understanding of this essential activity, its legal and organizational expertise, combined with its recognized security know-how (in probative value archiving, for example) and close proximity to customers across the country through its specialist services centers and centers of expertise for market-leading solutions, the Group is a trusted partner for public sector organizations.”
All kinds of data acquisition projects (automated document reading and/or recognition, remote services, Electronic Document Management, probative value archiving and storage) may be covered by this contractual framework.
Services supplied may include:
- Definition of computerization processes
- Analysis of available solutions, in terms of functional requirements
- Recommending and implementing a particular solution
- Providing change management support.
Finally, this approach should deliver immediate benefits to public sector bodies in terms of:
- Rapid start-up (work can start for the customer less than a month after setting out the requirements)
- Doing away with the need for a tendering procedure
- Time savings: the customer does not need to write a full tender document or go through a lengthy selection process
- Legal safeguards: no unsuccessful tending processes or lack of follow-up
- Cost savings: in terms of internal resources and the cost of services
- Access to highly specialized skills in the relevant area of expertise.
More information >>> http://www.bull.com/fr/businessapplications/index.html