A graduate of X, Telecom, Bruno Poyet joined Bull in 2006. As Director of Bull’s Consulting Unit, Bruno is particularly focused on extending the Group’s sector-specific expertise. Before joining the Group, he led a number of cost optimization programs for the automotive industry, having previously worked for Cap Gemini and Thalès.
In the current economic climate – where speed is seen as paramount – the information system plays a crucial role in the value chain, for public and private sector organizations alike. It has to underpin business strategy, deliver competitive advantages and support constantly evolving needs and relationships with customers, citizens and partners.
To accommodate new strategic, commercial, marketing, regulatory and organizational requirements, businesses and public sector bodies have to carry out numerous projects to upgrade their systems and implement new solutions. In parallel, they have to continually improve the performance and operational efficiency of their information systems with restricted budgets, while at the same time limiting risks and improving the quality of service it delivers and keeping the whole system secure.
Facilitating the link between business priorities and the information system
Bull’s Consulting Unit is totally dedicated providing consultancy with the aim of guaranteeing that information systems are fully aligned with customers’ business needs. Building on their experience of business processes and corporate functions, the experts from the Consulting Unit take a structured approach, enabling rapid and effective decision-making that enable customers to achieve their objectives while meeting the constraints they face.
Missions fall into three main categories
- Strategic vision of the information system: IT master plan, project portfolio management
- Architecture and IT ‘urbanization’: defining functional architecture, ensuring that all business and operational issues are taken into account, defining future-proofing or rationalization roadmaps
- Program management: supporting the customer throughout program life cycle, covering all aspects including business, functional and technical issues, change management and project management.
The Consulting Unit’s key strengths that makes a real difference
- Dual expertise in business and in information systems: assuring our ability to take on board each of our customer’s business and organizational challenges, as well as the regulatory and operational constraints they have to face, and reflect them in the information system, while also providing close functional and human support in close liaison to the IS management teams
- In-depth understanding of complex environments: we deliver relevant solutions that take into account the wide diversity of processes, of internal and external stakeholders, the multitude and heterogeneous nature of information systems, of internal and external exchanges, how critical the services being provided are to the business…
- Pragmatic recommendations: because they are fully part of Bull’s industrial and services culture, the experts of our Consulting Unit are constantly demonstrating their pragmatism in the utilization of methodologies, in the choice of solutions and the roadmaps they promote
- Combining values: our experience has convinced us of the need for a global, multi-disciplinary approach in the areas impacted by our missions. Our consultants can leverage all the Group’s experts (in CRM, BI, ERP…) to ensure that our analyses and recommendations are relevant and appropriate. When it comes to the ever-present issue of security, we liaise closely with the experts in the Security Solutions Business Line. We also work in close collaboration with the team from Bull Advisory Services on infrastructure-related issues, such as Cloud computing.
Consultancy: essential sector expertise
Our many assignments have enabled us to develop renowned expertise in many industry sectors, most notably public sector, telecoms, transport, homeland security, defense, health and social welfare. In this last sector, for example, we have led projects for central and regional governments – in departments and ministries as diverse as Health, Social Cohesion, Young People and Sport – and for their operators including ANAP, INSERM, GCS D-SISIF… as well as for numerous healthcare establishments. In all these sectors, we have also built up the capability to implement a global vision, mobilize the appropriate experts and identify networks of partners and other stakeholders.
Consultancy: it’s all about people
The key to success in the consulting business – over and above methodologies – is people. The experts in our Consulting Unit have just the right, yet rare qualities of openness and curiosity for this job, as well as an ability to work across different organizational functions and the skills to make the link between our customers’ different functions and existing and/or future technologies. We have put in place dynamic resource management to ensure the effective career development of our consultants, through a succession of assignments. So our junior consultants – who are usually trained on Program Management Support assignments – can progress on to systems architecture projects or towards taking responsibility for managing entire assignments.
For more information, visit >>> http://www.bull.com/consulting/
 ANAP: the French National Support Agency for the Performance of Health and Medico-Social Facilities); INSERM: the French Institute of Health and Medical Research; GCS D-SISIF: the consortium for the development of shared healthcare information systems in the Ile-de-France region