The inauguration of the new modular data center at the University of Perpignan Via Domitia (UPVD) took place July 8th at its campus in the South of France.
The mobull® modular data center – chosen by UPVD and supplied by ServiWare, a Bull subsidiary, will protect and store its computing data. It consists of a computing center in ‘ISO45 container format’, offering the following services:
- High-level integration (to manage technical complexity)
- High availability (to minimize operating downtime)
- High levels of scalability
- High levels of energy efficiency.
Bull designed mobull according to certain key principles
- Extreme levels of power and density, with 227 Teraflops per container
- Low initial cost outlay, as mobull requires very little in the way of infrastructure
- Minimal consumption of resources, with an innovative and highly energy efficient cooling system, independent of the server and storage technologies used
- Rapid and straightforward implementation, in just eight weeks
- Extreme flexibility in terms of installation and future evolution, because mobull is thermally insulated, waterproof and resilient it can easily be installed inside or outside.
The opportunity to illustrate how Bull’s technological expertise can benefit an institution such as UPVD, through the technology showcase that is the mobull modular data center.