Bull’s consultancy offering helps its customers to transform their IT infrastructure into a services-oriented infrastructure platform, to address the different issues they are facing, including:
- Managing their costs better, especially in relation to how mission-critical each of their applications may be
- Understanding and managing risks more effectively, for example to ensure service continuity
- Complying with current market regulations in terms of energy consumption, legal archiving, etc
- Sharing their infrastructures more effectively, and defining services contracts
- Meeting the requirements of business applications.
Bull’s infrastructure consultancy offering is based on ITIL practices, as well as on analysis and modeling tools developed as a result of its expert’s wealth of experience and agreements made with its partners APC Schneider and GlassHouse.
- Maturity analysis is designed to quickly assess the level of ‘maturity’ of an IT infrastructure. Using the responses to a targeted questionnaire, it involves evaluating how mature the infrastructure is on a sliding scale, and representing how it is currently positioned in relation to a services-oriented infrastructure approach, in graphical form
- Audits, designed to rapidly deliver recommendations in various areas such as:
- Server consolidation and virtualization
- Data management
- Green IT
- Detailed audits aimed at providing more in-depth recommendations, and leading to the following stages:
- Defining the catalogue of services: this stage describes the levels of services that the infrastructure will deliver and how each level of services is supported by the technical infrastructure, processes and human resources
- Defining the baseline architecture, which will support the service levels set out in the catalogue (above). At this stage, the baseline architecture is a multi-technology one, and this is where Bull brings into play all its expertise as a systems integrator
- Calculating total cost of ownership (TCO) and return on investment (ROI), so as to justify the proposed transformation financially.
Key differentiators of this consulting service
- Rapid identification of the way forward and potential changes
- The ability to integrate any available technology, with total impartiality and independence in relation to suppliers
- Commitment to implementation, support and maintenance.
To find out more, visit >>> http://www.bull.com/infrastructure/index.html