Cloud Maker from Bull’s subsidiary Agarik is a new professional hosting solution running on virtual servers.
Making the most of the memory and processing capacity of networked servers around the world, Cloud Computing means real freedom for users, giving them access to real computing power on demand. Now, with Agarik’s Cloud Maker, you can get power on demand and services delivered according to your needs, so site and data hosting is as simple as turning on a light…
Cloud Maker: an easy ‘Cloud’ for all
Any user can now discover the new face of computing, and make the most of the benefits it offers, by subscribing to Cloud Maker either as a package (with Web, email, buzz…), but also on demand, using a powerful configuration tool that allows you to turn service levels to your needs!
Service is really the strong point of this new offering: access to a customer interface lets users monitor the operation of their platforms in real time. And a dedicated team of technical experts and outsourcing services are offered as required to meet everyone’s needs.
- Systems administrators will appreciate the flexibility of these Cloud solutions, which will allow them to precisely scope their power that they need. Ultimately, they can manage their own hardware completely, or outsource all or part of its administration.
- Software developers working in Windows and LAMP will notably have access through this Cloud solution to a tool that will allow them to easily test their applications in both environments.
- Database specialists will want to outsource the administration of their hardware completely, and use a comprehensive reporting interface.
- Communications agencies and Webmasters will find that this is a simple solution for shared hosting of their customers’ systems, and can call on a dedicated team of technical experts for support. They can also opt for specialist ‘high traffic’ Cloud Maker solutions, to support one-off Web campaigns.
- And finally, IT Departments can make use of a complete range of services linked to a low-cost hosting solution: an ideal product for outsourcing projects in their launch or test phases.
To sum up, Cloud Maker is aim at everyone who is looking for IT that matches their own profile!
Microsoft and NetApp have been closely involved with the development of this Agarik project. Cloud Maker uses Microsoft’s Hyper-V hypervisor and a NetApp Cluster solution.
Agarik virtual machines use this technology platform, which enable both proprietary Windows and Open Source (LAMP) solutions to be implemented. Numerous other applications will be added to the available list in the near future.