Bull Evidian, the European leader for identity and access management, enhances Enterprise SSO, the single sign-on module of its IAM Suite offer, in order to reconcile emergency and security with functions specifically designed for hospitals and clinics. Some of these functions are:
- Advanced kiosk mode: for strict patient-data access control on a terminal shared by several users. The healthcare staff members share the same PC but only access the data and applications for which they have access rights; they authenticate, among others, with a healthcare staff card. To meet strict constraints in hospitals, it takes just a few seconds to change users on the same PC, while keeping the Windows session open.
- Secure management of service PCs (roaming session): meets the needs of healthcare areas; priority is given to patient data access under the strict control of the local security policy. Users working in secured areas may not be subjected to repetitive PIN or password input control. Instead, they will only be required to authenticate at the start of their service. They can thereafter access their applications, over a given period, simply by presenting their smartcard or through the proximity of their contactless card.
- Remote access to hospital applications with “integrated web SSO”: controls authorized staff’s access from outside the healthcare facility. Doctors and other healthcare professionals do not always stop working when they leave the hospital at the end of their shift. From their home or office, they safely access hospital applications (mail, patient data management, etc.) using their PC or personal digital assistant. Security may also be reinforced through their healthcare smartcard by means of a virtual keypad or one-time password.
All these functions are available for standard or thin-client applications, such as Citrix XenApp™.
A complete solution for the UK’s National Health Service
Bull Evidian’s solution has been optimized for the specific needs of NHS Trusts. It integrates with the Electronic Staff Record (ESR), automating the consolidation of user identities between the ESR and a hospital’s user directory. In addition, Bull Evidian now offers the following features:
- Bull Evidian offers both client-based and client-less SSO to support mobile clinicians
- Bull Evidian IAM Suite integrates with Microsoft solutions such as IAG/UAG and the Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager suite
- Bull Evidian IAM Suite natively supports Carefx’s context management solutions
- Bull Evidian is a McAfee Technology Partner. Bull Evidian offers the only “McAfee Compatible” single sign-on solution, integrating with McAfee’s Endpoint Encryption.
Bull Evidian IAM Suite has been chosen by close to 50 National Health Service hospitals in the UK. Nationwide, clinicians securely access patient data every day using their NHS smartcard.
In France, Bull Evidian IAM Suite is the only complete IAM solution that has been approved by the deontology college of GIP-CPS, the French government agency in charge of the national CPS card. This approval issued in 2009 concerns the main modules of Bull Evidian’s comprehensive identity and access management offer which covers, in addition to single sign-on with Enterprise SSO, security policy management, application account provisioning, as well as synchronization with other existing identity directories in the healthcare facility. Bull Evidian Enterprise SSO allows the deployment of strong authentication through CPS certificates, in keeping with French confidentiality law.
Other hospitals and clinics are also using the Evidian offer in the Benelux, Spain, Austria and the Middle East. In addition to hospitals and clinics, Bull Evidian IAM Suite is used worldwide by clinical testing laboratory companies and the pharmaceutical industry, as well as other organizations in most activity sectors where strict access rules are required for users.